No Equivalent for GIS Tutorial 2

Jump to solution
03-26-2022 11:06 AM
PaydenMcRoberts1
New Contributor II

Back when GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro was published, I had hope that a Pro version of GIS Tutorial 2 would follow it up. Now, however, it's been rebranded as GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro (with no number) and I've been told there are no plans to publish anything for Pro equivalent to the more advanced tutorials in GIS Tutorials 2 and 3.

While the new book is excellent, I just wanted to express my displeasure with the decision not to provide a book of more advanced tutorials. The Allen tutorials are excellent and now that they're out of print, I feel their loss keenly. I imagine that other educators who teach more advanced spatial analysis are in the same boat. There's nothing equivalent in the new tutorial book or in ESRI Training, despite the list of online tutorials that go with The ESRI Guide to GIS Analysis. I hope the folks at ESRI Press reconsider.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

For your current needs, you may find some of the advanced learning materials at learn.arcgis.com to be helpful.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro 2.8, Table of Contents (esri.com)

Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 2.8, Table of Contents (esri.com) might have more preferable content as per your need. Please have a look at it.

Think Location
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

For your current needs, you may find some of the advanced learning materials at learn.arcgis.com to be helpful.

Craig

0 Kudos
JerryBartz
Occasional Contributor

You might include Making Spatial Decisions Using ArcGIS PRO, but be aware it was tested with ArcPRO 1.4.

0 Kudos