GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro: A Platform Workbook, first edition: tutorial data

Jump to solution
01-15-2021 09:36 AM
RachelCanham
New Contributor

Hello, I am not able to download and install the gist1prodata.exe file on my work computer (admin restrictions). is there somewhere that I can download just the data (e.g. shapefiles) so that I can complete the exercises in the textbook?

Thanks!

Rachel  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Rachel,

The data for that book is only supplied as an executable and unfortunately sometimes that is blocked by administrator restrictions. I would suggest downloading and installing the executable file on another machine that you have administrator privileges for. The default location will be C:\EsriPress. Then you could use a portable drive to transfer the files to a different machine. I would suggest zipping them in the transfer process to make sure everything is moved. I hope that helps.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Rachel,

The data for that book is only supplied as an executable and unfortunately sometimes that is blocked by administrator restrictions. I would suggest downloading and installing the executable file on another machine that you have administrator privileges for. The default location will be C:\EsriPress. Then you could use a portable drive to transfer the files to a different machine. I would suggest zipping them in the transfer process to make sure everything is moved. I hope that helps.

Craig

0 Kudos