Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro Fall 2023 course listing is for 2.8 Fourth Edition but prefer Fifth Edition if assured it will be available in August 2023.

Jump to solution
06-04-2023 12:56 PM
HollyBrackett
New Contributor II

I am changing my intro course from Desktop to Pro for Fall 2023 and working through course development this summer.  When can I get my hands on Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 3.?, Fifth edition?  Our campus  bookstore order currently lists the Fourth Edition for Pro 2.8 and I would like to update this if the book will be available.  Can I get a preview copy so I can develop lessons this summer?  Will my students be able to purchase the fifth edition by August 15, 2023?  

I really don't want to develop this new course using the Getting to know ArcGIS Pro 2.8 fourth edition this summer and already be 'outdated' before I teach the course.  Any suggestions?  BTW: I use VitalSource and love having the digital copies.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Holly,

We will be releasing a new edition of GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro 3.1 soon. The e-book publishes on 6/20 (which you will be happy to sample on VitalSource) and the print version publishes on 9/19/23. This book might be the best option for your timeframe, the updated version of Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro will be for ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and won't be available till roughly next spring/early summer. 

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Holly,

We will be releasing a new edition of GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro 3.1 soon. The e-book publishes on 6/20 (which you will be happy to sample on VitalSource) and the print version publishes on 9/19/23. This book might be the best option for your timeframe, the updated version of Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro will be for ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and won't be available till roughly next spring/early summer. 

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Craig

0 Kudos