Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop 5th edition Exercise data download error

Jump to solution
02-02-2021 11:23 AM
QiangWan
New Contributor

I followed the instruction steps in a previous similar thread but could not download the exercise data file for 'Getting to Know ArcGIS Desktop 5th edition' book.

I was able to see the 'Save As' Windows prompt but get an error message saying 'datasetup.exe can't be downloaded' once I clicked the Save button. I am wondering this download file link is expired. Can anyone advise if you are able to download it or any suggestions for my error?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I just tested it and was able to download. I think your browser is probably wanting you to confirm that you want to download the executable file. 

If you are using Chrome, try this:

Once you right-click the link and click "save as", look at the bottom left of your browser, it may look like this:

CraigCarpenter1_0-1612294185304.png

Click the arrow in your download toolbar and then click "Keep" to confirm the download.

Let me know if that works for you,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I just tested it and was able to download. I think your browser is probably wanting you to confirm that you want to download the executable file. 

If you are using Chrome, try this:

Once you right-click the link and click "save as", look at the bottom left of your browser, it may look like this:

CraigCarpenter1_0-1612294185304.png

Click the arrow in your download toolbar and then click "Keep" to confirm the download.

Let me know if that works for you,

Craig

QiangWan
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for letting me know that the file can be downloaded. Therefore, I tried another computer and was able to download it successfully.   Apparently, my other computer might have some network or browser setting which prevents me to download.

Anyway,  I really appreciate your kind assistance.

Best wishes,

0 Kudos