Difficulty downloading exercise data

Jump to solution
01-22-2021 12:26 PM
NicoleKey
New Contributor

I'm having difficultly downloading the exercise data for the GIS Tutorial for Health book. I'm able to right-click the link (found here) and save it as an application. However, I keep getting an error every time I attempt to download it that says "Failed-Network error." I've tried restarting my computer and wifi, and using multiple browsers and keep getting the same error. I'm trying to download this on a Mac with a partitioned hard drive (so using a Mac to download to the Windows portion of the drive), and am wondering if it's due to the size of the file.

Any help would be appreciated as I have an assignment to finish that requires this data. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

see my suggestion on this thread.... it downloads an executable

Re: Unable to download exercise data for "GIS Tuto... - GeoNet, The Esri Community

It is probably going wherever your downloads are or at the bottom of your screen windows is asking what you want to do with it (this depends on your computer settings)

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicole,

Here is some information on running ArcGIS Pro using a Mac.

Can you try to download using a browser using Windows?

0 Kudos
NicoleKey
New Contributor

Yep, I'm using the Windows portion of my hard drive. I've used multiple browsers while running Windows, but no luck. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

see my suggestion on this thread.... it downloads an executable

Re: Unable to download exercise data for "GIS Tuto... - GeoNet, The Esri Community

It is probably going wherever your downloads are or at the bottom of your screen windows is asking what you want to do with it (this depends on your computer settings)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

We recently updated the download links on that page, so try doing a hard refresh on the page, (Ctrl + F5 on Chrome) and see if that works.

0 Kudos