ArcGIS Pro 2.6 ASSIGNMENT DATA Download not working - loops back to the Overview Website

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 07:19 PM
GiannaCothren
New Contributor

With the new Website, I can no longer access the ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Assignment Data.  When you click open on one the the Assignment Data Chapters (even when logged in), it sends you back to the new Overview Website where you can learn about the textbook. The tutorial exercise data Open button starts a download of the setup.exe file which then produces all of the folders of exercise data. But the Assignment chapters does not work. Where did the download go? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

We did create one, but I think we may have solved the issue for both books. So the "Open" links for both books should be fine to use now. Please let me know if you or anyone is still encountering a problem. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm. I can also confirm the issue.

On clicking Open for a data page (e.g. Chapter 03 Assignment Data ), it is redirecting to Esri Press Overview Page.

This issue is also seen for other book resources as well (maybe a few but not all). e.g. Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Exercise Data 

@SashaGallardo : Please do the needful.

Think Location
0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

Yes, we've been made aware of the issue with this download. We're working on trying to find a solution, but in the meantime, please use this temporary link for the data. Please let me know if you continue to have issues. Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Sasha,

Do you also have temporary links for the assignment data of GIS Tutorial for ArcGIS Pro 2.6 (EsriPress) ?

Think Location
0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

We did create one, but I think we may have solved the issue for both books. So the "Open" links for both books should be fine to use now. Please let me know if you or anyone is still encountering a problem. Thanks again!

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks fine now. Thanks to you and your team for the prompt response and resolution.

Think Location
0 Kudos
NickAmes
New Contributor

Sasha, I'm having same problem with the ESRI book GIS Tutorial for Crime Analysis. When I click on the "companion content" download, it loops back to general books page. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Nick,

You can access the data for GIS Tutorial for Crime Analysis here.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Craig

NickAmes
New Contributor

Craig,

Wow, I have to get the magic ball you have. You are the only one that has had a solution! Wish i would have found you five days ago. I can't even guess how may hours been working on getting the data the past week. I'll email ESRI tech support as there is a very long open ticket and trying to solve. Thanks again, NIck  

0 Kudos