Basemap map views

12-20-2015 06:01 PM
Labels (1)
ZsoltEro
New Contributor

Hi,

I've just registered as I would like to use the basemaps for a web-based project where users would be able to share travel photos and gps tracks of their trips. I've read from the Terms and Conditions, that I'm ok to use the basemaps as long as my app is under 1 million views a month and I'm not asking any money for it. However, once I start asking money I should register for a paid developer account.

At the moment, I'm just beta testing, and my website is free, however I don't understand how can I actually use basemaps on a paid account once I'd like to go in production. I'd be using ESRI-Leaflet, but there is no api_key, etc. as part of the URL. Also, how can I find out my tile usage, if it's not connected to my account?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
WinstonHoyle
New Contributor II

You should register for a paid developer account and talk to a customer service representative if using one of Esri's basemaps in a paid application. 

Esri probably won't notice your paid app unless usage and popularity increases. But, do you want to be in a position a year after creating your paid application and an Esri legal contacts you and shuts your site and demands reparations? Better to be safe than sorry. 

0 Kudos