Tile Package Kreator Update (1.3)

06-13-2018 11:06 PM
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor
4 5 3,678
Tile Package Kreator has been updated! Version 1.3 includes the ability to drag and drop shapefiles for delineating the bounding area of a TPK, browse Image Services for creating TPK's from, and generate TPK's with levels below 19.
For a reminder on how to use the tool see Taking your maps offline with Tile Package Kreator or download the updated Guide. To download the app go to the Esri Marketplace.
Esri Labs projects are developed by Esri employees and are inspired by our interactions with ArcGIS users like you. Esri Labs projects are free to use but are not official Esri products. These projects do not go through the rigorous software development cycle so they are not holistically tested, documented or supported by Esri technical support.
Shapefile drag and drop
Drag and drop a shapefile onto the map to create a boundary for export. Be sure to drag both the .shp and .prj file onto the map. Both line and polygon features are supported. 
Image services
In order to be able to browse image services, you must first change search query that is use by Tile Package Kreator. To change the query go to Settings. The default query is shown in the Search Query for Tile Service box:

(type:"Map Service" AND owner:esri AND title:(for Export)) OR (type:("Map Service") AND group:(access:org))

You can alter this query to suit your organizations needs. Don't worry if you get tangled up with the query, click Reset to Default to return to the default query.
Levels below 19
Several services, like the World Imagery for Export service support additional zoom levels in some parts of the world. Tile Package Kreator now supports export of tiles from these additional levels, but we advise to proceed with caution. 
The default maximum level is 21, you can increase this level in Settings, but we have observed regular failures to export beyond level 21.
This additional levels also significantly increase the number of tiles that are to be exported. When using these levels consider a smaller extent.
Time out non-responsive services
There may be services in your organization that are currently not working as expected. Tile Package Kreator does keep trying to get a response from services that have export enabled. You can adjust how long your willing to waiting for a service respond on the Settings page.
5 Comments
GesplanSA
New Contributor II

Hello I have a problem with the Tile Package Kreator 1.3.30 with the previous version we did not have it. Excuse my english i did it with google translator, I only speak spanish.

When I go to start the program, I get it this way if I click with the mouse the entry to AGOL is there.

But it is impossible for me to log in since I can not do anything at all.

My colleagues do not happen and I am looking for the technical specifications of the program is not something that I need to install my computer.

I work with windows 7 like my colleagues but I do not understand why it does not work for me. I am a problem because I am in charge of doing .TPK for offline jobs in collector. Can somebody help me? collector #offline maps#.tpk#appstudio#tile package kreator#basemaps offline#.tpk#survey123 offline maps#survey123 offline base map

MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Interesting.

The technical specification for Tile Package Kreator are the same as for AppStudio (which it is built with) - System requirements—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. Can you check that all Windows 7 SP1 updates have been applied on your computer?

Also check that your graphics card drivers are up to date.

JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

We are looking to take our image tiles mobile through a make map package.  We have a mosaic dataset and we have an Image service (from a raster catalog).  My question is, would Tile Package Kreator be the right process?  Years ago, we would have used MrSID. 

MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

'...the right process?'. that's a loaded question

A tile package (TPK) IS what you need for image tiles. And yes you can create TPK's with Tile Package Kreator from image services. You can also use ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop to create TPK's, but you just might find that the UI in Tile Package Kreator is simpler for your needs. It also depends on what else you are doing with your data. If your already doing a bunch of processing tasks in ArcGIS Pro, you might be better off there.

there is no right or wrong, just what suits your project.

GaryHallbauer
New Contributor II

Hello - I'm unable to download the guide document from ESRI Box.  What do I need to do to get access to the document?