LDAP Error

03-22-2012 12:14 PM
MicheleDunham
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm installing and testing the Geoportal Server 1.2 for the first time.  There is something amiss with the LDAP configuration.  Our metadirectory is "eDirectory" and I'm not sure if the setting for  the  initialContextFactoryName="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" in the gpt.xml file is correct.  Does this parameter need to change if you are running eDirectory?

The error is the gpt log file is

com.esri.gpt.framework.security.identity.IdentityException: Unable to connect to LDAP.
at com.esri.gpt.framework.security.identity.ldap.LdapIdentityAdapter.newServiceConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.esri.gpt.framework.security.identity.ldap.LdapIdentityAdapter.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.esri.gpt.control.identity.LoginController.processSubAction(Unknown Source)
at com.esri.gpt.framework.jsf.BaseActionListener.processAction(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:191)
at org.apache.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:276)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
If this is your first time installing Geoportal Server, may I suggest you first get Geoportal Server running without LDAP using the simpleAdapter option (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/geoportal/files/Documents/Geoportal/1.2/GeoportalServer_Installation...). 

Once you get Geoportal Server working without LDAP, then start configuring it with LDAP.  I see you are getting a "Unable to connect to LDAP" error.  That would point to a problem with the providerURL in your gpt.xml.  Either it's a bad URL or your ldap is not turned on or accessible to your Geoportal machine.

If you are new to LDAP, you may also want to get an admin for your eDirectory implementation involved too.
0 Kudos