Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoportal Harvester: local folder settings ?

Jump to solution
08-23-2022 11:52 AM
YinShi
by
Regular Contributor

I set up a simple UNC path broker on my local C drive. When I imported the metadata (in xml) from c:\temp\TestUNCMeta, nothing was imported. I also tried *.xml and **.xml as filter, nothing worked. I also tried a UNC path with shapefiles along with metadata, that did not work. There was no error message, the status showing 0/0 was imported. 

Are there settings that I might have missed? 

Thanks,

yin

YinShi_0-1661280253525.png

YinShi_1-1661280559182.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Marten
by
Regular Contributor

looking at your second screenshot I'm a little confused. do you show file extensions? if so, then I don't see an .xml file. if you are not showing file extensions, I don't understand why .dbf, .prj, etc are showing.

in the configuration dialog, just leave the Filter field blank. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
Regular Contributor

The xml file was there. The extension for the shapefile metadata is .shp.xml. The Windows Explorer took the first extension part and ignored the second.

I left the Filter field blank and ran the task. It imported everything in the folder, including prj, dbf and etc.

I then changed the Filter to **.shp.xml and ran the task. This time it worked correctly and imported only the metadata file. So the Filter for importing shapefiles should be **.shp.xml

Thanks a lot for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Marten
by
Regular Contributor

looking at your second screenshot I'm a little confused. do you show file extensions? if so, then I don't see an .xml file. if you are not showing file extensions, I don't understand why .dbf, .prj, etc are showing.

in the configuration dialog, just leave the Filter field blank. 

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
Regular Contributor

The xml file was there. The extension for the shapefile metadata is .shp.xml. The Windows Explorer took the first extension part and ignored the second.

I left the Filter field blank and ran the task. It imported everything in the folder, including prj, dbf and etc.

I then changed the Filter to **.shp.xml and ran the task. This time it worked correctly and imported only the metadata file. So the Filter for importing shapefiles should be **.shp.xml

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos