Add GeoServer CSW resource to GeoPortal

07-16-2014 05:24 AM
PatrickDoody
New Contributor II

I've a GeoServer instance I'm attempting to add as a CSW resource to GeoPortal.

I can confirm that the GeoServer CSW is properly configured, and I am able to perform REST searches for data sources via this interface.

When adding the GeoPortal resource to this CSW, the CSW endpoint will validate, and the resource can be added. However, there appears to be an issue with GeoPortal synchronizing the CSW. In the history report for the synchronization, it lists the following exception:

com.esri.gpt.server.csw.client.CswRuntimeException: Could not parse XML request. cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'RESULTS' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[results, hits, validate]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.

Due to this error, GeoPortal seems unable to search through data on the CSW.

Has anyone had issues with a GeoServer CSW before? Any idea how to troubleshoot this exception I am getting?

Tags (3)
2 Replies
PatrickDoody
New Contributor II

Apparently the "Profile" drop-down affects this. Even though there is no profile for GeoServer, I tinkered around with a couple of other options and wound up finding a profile that did not produce any errors.

However, none of the data from the GeoServer CSW is found upon harvesting. The harvest will report that it synchronized "1" document, but there's no link to any documents.

Has anyone successfully harvested a GeoServer CSW?

MartenHogeweg
Esri Contributor

in the geoportal server, the CSW profiles are focused on the various application profiles of CSW, such as ISO, Dublin Core, and ebRIM. we then have some variation based on versions (some namespaces changed) and brand (esri geoportal server, geonetwork, gi-cat, pycsw, etc).

I had not heard of a 'geoserver csw'. can you share the URL? typically if there is a new profile, version, brand combination it requires some tweaking of one of the similar profiles to create the new flavor.

in your case it appears the geoserver csw expects lowercase 'results' while the profile you selected submits uppercase 'RESULTS'.

0 Kudos