combine

05-08-2020 11:54 AM
SW_-_MaryLata__Fire_Ecologist_
New Contributor

I’m having two issues and our GIS folks can’t explain it, having little experience with rasters than vectors, and none with ‘Combine’. I am working with .asc and/or .tif output files from FlamMap. In the past, I've used Combine a LOT to help assess outputs. It's been about two years since I did this and, in the meantime, ArcMap and FlamMap have both received upgrades. Here's what I'm getting (I've now spent close to 6 hours trying to figure it out):

• When I try to combine, for example, crownfire/fuel model/canopy cover/ etc. – or even just two of those (.asc or .tiff), I get an attribute table, but it isn’t giving me fields (columns) for the value/s of the input rasters. All I get are OBJECTID, Value, and Count.
  • If I try to save the combine output file to MY location on our corporate drive (US Forest Service), it won’t work at all, and I get three errors which, true to a lot of ESRI error ‘explanations’, are not very helpful, and I’ve now spent about 5 hours trying to figure it out. This is the same file in which the rasters in question are living in.
  • I tried posting this question with the files attached, and it didn't send, so I'm trying again without.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

It's possibly mangling different filetypes. Perhaps try throwing them into a geodatabase which might manage them more effectively, then trying those gdb rasters as inputs.

And thanks for introducing me to the Combine tool!

0 Kudos