Esri Desktop Associate for 10.3

Jump to solution
03-12-2015 06:30 AM
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Will the new exam for 10.3 also include ArcGIS Pro, or will it only cover traditional Desktop (e.g. ArcMap, ArcCatalog etc.)?

Resources such as What's new in ArcGIS for Desktop—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop show Pro as being new in Desktop, but I think that is just terminology, i.e. Desktop = ArcMap + Pro.

Are there any other useful resources that can be used to determine new content in 10.3 compared to 10.1/10.2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks Hari, that's for the Professional exam, not Associate, and that only lists the following:

ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.3 Certification

A qualified candidate should be familiar with tools such as:

• ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS
  • ArcGIS extensions

This does not even list ArcGIS for Desktop!

I assume the extensions covers 3D, Spatial and Network analyst as per the above?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HariYeruva
New Contributor III

Hello Andy,

As of now it appears that ArcGIS Pro is not in the list of tools which the EADP is expected to be familiar with:

ArcGIS Desktop Professional 10.3

• ArcGIS 3D Analyst
  • ArcGIS for Desktop
  • ArcGIS Network Analyst
  • ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS
  • ArcGIS Spatial Analyst

GuessMiriam Schmidts​, Timothy Hales​  are in a better position to comment at this point of time.

0 Kudos
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks Hari, that's for the Professional exam, not Associate, and that only lists the following:

ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.3 Certification

• ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS
  • ArcGIS extensions

This does not even list ArcGIS for Desktop!

I assume the extensions covers 3D, Spatial and Network analyst as per the above?

JRosalesGIS
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy,

The ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.3 information is currently available on the Esri Technical Certification website.  For more information, feel free to contact us at certification@esri.com or join our official Esri Technical Certification LinkedIn group.