Utility Network - Subnetwork Controllers and Open Points

06-03-2020 05:28 PM
ManueleMesseri
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, 

I'm implementing a Utility Network (electric)  and I am now defining my Subnetwork Controllers for my connectivity.

In the picture below, there's two different Network Controllers (A and B), they both have a category of Secondary Distribution Mesh. (In green the downstream directions and in Pink, the upstream direction.

Once I build the subnetwork A (Upstream Controller) I receive an error type 29 (Inconsistent subnetwork name on multiple subnetwork controllers in the same subnetwork discovered during update subnetwork.). The same happens when I build the B subnetwork (Downstream Controller).

so questions:

• How am I suppose to make them work together?
  • Why when I build the subnetwork, it goes upstream as well as downstream? (Those are Circuit Breakers and defined as such on their terminals

Same topic but a different issue: Between subnetwork, downstream of this screenshot, I have an Open Point (Tie Switch) witch is set to Open (Device Status) however, when building the subnetwork, the subnet line doesn't stop at the open point. what am I missing?

Any clue on my questions?

Thanks!

Manu

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Manuele.  

Is this a model you created from scratch or did you start with the esri Utility Solutions Electric Model?

If this is from scratch, did you configure Controller A and Controller B to be in different tiers?

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
ManueleMesseri
New Contributor III

Hi John,

I started from the Naperville model and adjusted to reflect our network. We also adopted their symbology.

Controller A and B are part of the same Tier (Distribution Secondary Mesh). Do they need to be in a different tier? to work?

Manu

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Thanks Manuele, that information helped a lot.  So I suspect that the two controllers have different subnetwork controller names (which they should) but also two different subnetwork names.  Since they participate in the same Mesh, they must share the same subnetwork name.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
ManueleMesseri
New Contributor III

Hi John, that is correct, the Subnetwork Names are different:

Controller A

Controller B

Should they share the same name? 

0 Kudos
ManueleMesseri
New Contributor III

Thank you John Awesome
I changed the Subnetwork names to be the same and it worked just as expected!

DavidNuhn
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I was curious how you obtained the electrical symbols. I cannot seem to find a style package for download. I have tried downloading the sample data but I do not see the same symbols. Does anyone have a link or could point me in the right direction. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
ManueleMesseri
New Contributor III

Hi there,

These symbols come from the Naperville solutions (ESRI GIS Solutions - electric ), if you download it, you'd have two packages, one for schematic (which I did not use) and one for the GIS maps which we adopted.

I then exported and the lyrx file for each layer and reimported into my project (Make sure you use the Add Subtype Dataset or other tools might not work properly (Such as ArcFM))

Manu

0 Kudos
DavidMaouad
New Contributor

Hello Manu,

Kindly share a link to download Naperville solutions styles (ESRI GIS Solutions - electric.)

Thanks & Regards,

David Maouad

0 Kudos