Utility Network for Utility Network Management Extension (Esri)

01-25-2018 05:03 PM
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

With the release of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 and ArcGIS Pro 2.1, the Utility Network Management extension is offered as a comprehensive solution to managing utility and telecom networks (telecom model not available with first release). Core tools within the Utility Network Toolbox can be used to create and configure the utility network. For automation purposes, the Utility Network Package Tools from the ArcGIS solutions team are available with asset packages for electric, gas, and water domains.

Use this discussion thread to voice any questions and discuss the new Utility Network on the Utility Network Management Extension.  Learn More: https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2018/01/23/vision-and-overview-of-the-utility-network/

Thanks,

ArcGIS Utilities Team

Join the Discussion Below!

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
75 Replies
BrianKratcha
New Contributor III

So where do I actually find the asset packages for electric, gas, and water domains?  Is there a link I can download from or MyESRI?

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian Kratcha‌ You can access them from the solutions site, solutions.arcgis.com.

Utility Network Package Tools | ArcGIS Solutions 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos
deleted-user-8UflVNK6jyNT
New Contributor II

I'm struggling to find an actual Asset Package to download (*.gdb file).  I've staged the Electric Utility Network, now trying to Apply the Asset Package.  Is this something I need to go to my distributor to obtain?  I tried to Export an Asset Package from the network created in the Staging step just to generate something but that generates an error - ERROR 000001 Export is not supported on structure only utility networks (and doesn't logically make sense to export from something not yet created, but I tried anyway). The link provided to the ArcGIS solutions page seems to send me in a loop searching for something to actually download.
Thanks for any assistance or pointers in the right direction.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Chad, the asset package is provided via the Solutions Deployment tool (it also comes with a Pro project for publishing).

Get started with the Electric Distribution Utility Network Configuration—Get Started | ArcGIS for El... 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Paul, 

Where does the Asset Package FGDB get created by the tool(s)?  I've searched the entire hard drive of the deployment box and can't locate it.  I've been going down the list on this page of the Get Started guide - Create an electric utility network—Get Started | ArcGIS for Electric - and can't continue in the Apply an asset package section without the actual file.  Is there another tool that is supposed to generate the Asset package *.gdb template or should it get downloaded at some point?
Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

When you deploy the project, the tool is copying a Pro project to your portal. When you download it, the asset package FGDB is the home geodatabase.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Yes, I see that now the package deployed to the Portal has the FGDB if you download the content.  This was not indicated as the place to look for it in the instructions.
Thanks 

0 Kudos
SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Create Utility Network Problem

Hi,   We try to create a utility network on my SDE database, But UN creation time it is showing error message with Failed to execute (StageUtilityNetwork). Please help me for this process

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I noticed you selected a service territory from your Egdb, could you try one from a file geodatabase?

Also, before you run stage, open the python window in pro

Type the fillowing, this will activate more verbose messaging

import untools

untools.logger.setLevel('DEBUG')