Utility network Disable Topology doesn't always work!!

05-08-2019 04:47 PM
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

I am working with the electric asset package, and testing different configuration settings.  A big issue I am finding is the disable topology GP tool is hit and miss.  Although it always succeeds in the output message, it doesnt always actual work.

As you can see below I have run this back to back and it succeeds each time (I receive an error if topology is already disabled).  the second screen shot is after disable topology has been run.

Is this a known issue?

9 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

If you restart Pro, does the topology still show as disabled? I see the UN was created with Pro 2.2 -- have you since upgraded to Pro 2.3?

DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Hey Paul, yes ran the standard restart and am running 2.3.2.

I have found this very hit and miss and now just run disable until it errors to tell me its already disabled.  The alternative is to prep the changes needed in whichever GP tool I need and it then fails due to topology not being disabled.  Yesterday was probably the worst example.  Normally I need to run the disable 2-4 times.

This can be the same when enabling topology, but not as bad.

PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Do you have a service running (ie, have you published your UN)?

If not, then you should reach out to support. I've not heard of disable requiring multiple executions before it succeeds.

DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Yes this is with the service running.  I am testing different configurations settings for our potential build.  

SamiSnunu
New Contributor III

Just in case you for to double check:

In the documentation,it requires: "The connected ArcGIS Enterprise portal account must be the utility network owner."
Also make sure the utility network from the map service as the input for the Disable the Utility Network tool, not from the direct database connection

DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sami.  Yes aware of the utility owner account.  In fact we have found this is not just the owner account but the creator account.

I have tried the using the service as the input and the database connection without consistent success with either.  

Paul LeBlanc‌ I'll take your advice and raise a support ticket on it also.

mrasiukevicius
Esri Contributor

Check if your Dataset is versioned. This can occur if you UnVersion your DataSet prior disabling toplogy. At least in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2 this workflow runs into your situation:

• Unregister DataSet as Versioned
  • Run GP Disable Network Topology. GP Tool succeeds, but topology remains Enabled

Then do the following:

• Register DataSet as versioned
  • Run GP Disable Network Topology. GP Tool succeeds, Notwork Topology disabled
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.5, running the “disable network topology” tool gets the software crashed.

Is this a bug?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

I've got the same issue!!