UNTools Asset Package for Electric Distribution and Transmission in single domain

Jump to solution
05-26-2019 06:18 PM
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a client who has a requirement in UNME to trace from the Transmission Subnetwork Controller to a customer service connection or meter. This is tracing from the most upstream point in the electric network to the most downstream tracing point.

As I understand, UNME traces such as Downstream Stream etc work on one domain at a time but can trace through multiple tiers. The model in UNTools 2.0.1 has Distribution and Transmission as two separate domains. I am wondering if there is a Utility Network Asset Package available with Electric Distribution and Transmission assets combined in a single domain? 

Cheers,

Vish

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vish,

The latest 3.0 release combines the transmission and distribution domains into a single domain. 

Cheers,

Rushi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Vish,

I would talk to your esri inc partner.  I heard they may have discovered a bug in the tracing tool that was failing to trace cascading feeders in the same tier. It sounds like you wouldn't be able to trace NMI-TNI without defining a bunch of tiers.

I have also heard that a future release will combine to a single domain tier.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vish,

The latest 3.0 release combines the transmission and distribution domains into a single domain. 

Cheers,

Rushi