Symbolize switches by normal position

01-04-2019 11:05 AM
EdwardBlair
Occasional Contributor

Hello –

Working through the UN Electric model and notice that “normal position” of switchable devices is a property of the ElectricDistributionDevice – which is considered “Content” within an ElectricDistributionAssembly “Container”.    Given that the assembly (rather than the contained device(s)) will be displayed for most purposes, and does not contain a “normal position” attribute what is the generally recommended approach to symbolize switchable devices based on their position?

Thanks for any pointers.

Ed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

I'll be following this thread too - very interested in responses.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Once we get arcade expressions for processing associations my assumption is that we'll be able to push the status from the device to the assembly (granted it gets ugly when you have mixed status's) using an attribute rule.

DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Good question Ed.  We are in the early days and this is something we need to work through also.

Agree with Robert, this will be complicated when it comes to mixed status' such as ring main units. 

0 Kudos
ronnycalje
New Contributor II

In my opinion an RMU is an asset implementing 2 or more fuctionalities in the grid (eg 2KT). The open/close situation of the switches is only relevant to each individual functionality (the switch in 1 bay of the RMU), so there is no "switching state" on the RMU-level. 

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Agree there is no switch status required on the RMU itself.  Where I find this interesting is if the RMU is a container with children switches/isolators, how would you symbolise these items for the open vs closed symbology.

0 Kudos