republish Electric Utility network fails after UNM upgrade to version 6

Jump to solution
05-18-2023 07:20 AM
AiminFan1
New Contributor II

I have successfully upgrade Utility network from version 5 to 6.

now I have ArcGIS pro 3.1.1 Enterprise 11.1 and UNM version 6.

However, when I try to re-publish the Network feature service, I got an error.

It complaining Asset group not matching.

Anyone experienced same issue and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Aimin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelHirschheimer
Esri Contributor

Are you using the original publishing map that was used when the Electric UN Service was initially created?

If you are using the latest Electric Utility Network Foundational package (v2.2), be aware that the data model has changed.  The map "Electric Utility Network" is pointing at featureclasses that would have different Asset Group / Asset Types than the previous foundational packages.

The release notes for each foundational package is located here:  Electric-utility-network-foundation

Upgrading the UN Version from 5 to 6 wouldn't change Asset Groups.  Using a Publishing Map that references a different data model would cause the issues you are seeing.

If you still have the original publishing map, try re-using that to republish.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BrianBerube_GIS
Esri Contributor

Hi @AiminFan1 did you ever get this issue resolved? 

If not, could you confirm the field type and parameters of the field for the asset type field that you have configured for me, please? An example of what I need is shown in the attachment. 

0 Kudos
AiminFan1
New Contributor II

HI BrianBerube_GIS ,

Here is the field type for asset type:

Capture.PNG

It looks like the field type is short.

Thanks

Aimin

0 Kudos
MichaelHirschheimer
Esri Contributor

@AiminFan1 

Error 00334 Subtype Value indicates that there is symbology in the publishing map that is defined for a subtype that doesn't exist in the underlying featureclass.

Using the ElectricDevice layer, look at the defined subtypes.  Is there an Asset Group entry for: 43 - High Voltage Fuse?  You could remove the symbology from the map but they may not be the correct action to take.

I've come across this error when using a new data model with an "older" publishing map.  

0 Kudos
AiminFan1
New Contributor II

No that asset group code changed in version 6

0 Kudos
AiminFan1
New Contributor II

I should say, the asset group code 43-High Voltage Fuse is in subtype code of version 6 but not in version 5

0 Kudos
MichaelHirschheimer
Esri Contributor

Are you using the original publishing map that was used when the Electric UN Service was initially created?

If you are using the latest Electric Utility Network Foundational package (v2.2), be aware that the data model has changed.  The map "Electric Utility Network" is pointing at featureclasses that would have different Asset Group / Asset Types than the previous foundational packages.

The release notes for each foundational package is located here:  Electric-utility-network-foundation

Upgrading the UN Version from 5 to 6 wouldn't change Asset Groups.  Using a Publishing Map that references a different data model would cause the issues you are seeing.

If you still have the original publishing map, try re-using that to republish.

AiminFan1
New Contributor II

Yes you are right, I am trying to use the latest 2.2 map to republish the services. I have sandbox environment upgraded from older version's sample data into UNM version 6.

0 Kudos