LV Service data and Set Edge connectivity data re not traced

Jump to solution
03-21-2023 06:55 AM
RomuldKiobya
New Contributor III

I had got a problem when I  traced data,  some of the Low Voltage Services received fully outlined trace color. But some tracing does not reach low Voltage service. I have snapped from the Field Map app, and when I did data processing at arcgis pro  I face that challenge. But when I modified it, I separated the point and line, and connecting again it receive full tracing color, why?

After selecting the set edge connectivity tool to allow low Voltage conductors, and traced,  no outlined trace color why?

I have attached the document below for assistance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

The Utility Network is 3D capable which means the coordinates in all three planes must match in order for two or more objects to connect.  If the if the X and Y coordinates are the same, but the Z is not, then they are not the same point and will not connect.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Without having the actual data, I would guess that this may be a snapping issue.  If the data was created using some automated migration tool, it may be that the line end point is not within the tolerance.  By editing it and snapping the line, you then get correct connectivity, which is what I think you experienced.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
RomuldKiobya
New Contributor III

We have used Geodatabase topology and Spatial filter transformer at the workbench to check if there is a gap between the LV service and the LV conductor.No gap but when tracing signal can't reach to LVservice. 

But after disabling the Z value in the Electric Device feature class/making zero, the connected trace reaches LV service. 

My question is what is the impact of  Z coordinate value?  

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

The Utility Network is 3D capable which means the coordinates in all three planes must match in order for two or more objects to connect.  If the if the X and Y coordinates are the same, but the Z is not, then they are not the same point and will not connect.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
RomuldKiobya
New Contributor III

Ask if there is no negative impact if I operate my Electric Utility Network in  Disable Z or Z=0. While during Creation of Utility Network demand XYZ and M  

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Many customers do not use the Z coordinate and just set it to 0.  The only problem is where you have equipment stacked on top of each other.  That can be dealt with by spreading the equipment out in the X & Y Planes.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
BrianBerube_GIS
Esri Contributor

In addition to John's point above regarding snapping tolerances, I did notice that there were "pending edits" not saved in the screenshot provided. It's always important to save any edits made as well prior to initiating a trace for your network.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/edit-a-utility-network.htm

0 Kudos