How to correct Attribute Assistant error "Intersecting_Feature": Input Feature or Value Info Null

Jump to solution
06-24-2016 10:15 AM
RyanNosek
Occasional Contributor II

Michael Miller

I'm receiving the error: "INTERSECTING_FEATURE: Input Feature or Value Info is null"  when running Attribute Assistant for our Sign and Pole Inventory, and not sure what is causing there error.  Although the FACILITYID's were properly generated for both the Pole and Sign feature classes, Attribute Assistant failed to update the Sign's ATTACHID field with the Pole's FACILITYID due to this error.

Background:

Just started using newest release (June 2016) of Attribute Assistant in ArcMap 10.3. We have over 9000 pole features that were previously assigned PoleID's using a previous release of Attribute Assistant, and over 15000 Sign features that were also assigned SignIDs (FACILITYID) and ATTACHID's(from Pole fc FACILITYID field). With the new AA add-in, I made sure to follow directions for renaming old config files, uninstalling/reinstalling, etc.

With recent data collection efforts (field staff are using Collector App to add to this inventory), we had approximately 80 new pole features and 150+ new sign features. After uninstalling/installing the new version of Attribute Assistant, I was able to successfully go through the workflow to assign new FACILITYID's for Poles. When running the tool on the Sign feature class, however, only FACILITYID's were updated, and the ATTACHID (Intersecting_Feature) were left null.  We've done our due-diligence and ensured our features are intersecting (signs snapped to poles), so its not the geometries.

From the Logs for record try:

Setting sort order: Field - RUNORDER
  Querying table for Last Value for layer: Transportation.DBO.Sign
  Query Used: (TABLENAME = '*' OR TABLENAME = 'Sign' OR TABLENAME like 'Sign|*' OR TABLENAME like 'Sign|%') AND VALUEMETHOD = 'Last_Value'
  Number of results: 7
       Looking for INSTALLDATE
       Looking for TURNSTOCLOSE
       Looking for OPERABLE
       Looking for OWNEDBY
       Looking for MAINTBY
       Looking for FLOOR
       Looking for INTERFLOOR
  Querying table for rules for layer: Transportation.DBO.Sign
  Query Used: (TABLENAME = '*' OR TABLENAME = 'Sign' OR TABLENAME like 'Sign|*' OR TABLENAME like 'Sign|%') AND ON_MANUAL = 1
  Number of results: 2
  Looping through the rows
    ------------------------------------------------
      Row Info
        Row Number 1
        TableName: Sign
        FieldName: FACILITYID
        ValueInfo: SIGNID|8|SIGN-[seq]|True
        ValueMethod: GENERATE_ID
        On Create: 0
        On Change: 0

Checking for Subtype Restriction
      Field Name: Facility Identifier was found at index: 33
                  Trying: GENERATE_ID
                  Finished: GENERATE_ID
      Row Info
        Row Number 2
        TableName: Sign
        FieldName: ATTACHID
        ValueInfo: Pole|FACILITYID|C|FALSE
        ValueMethod: INTERSECTING_FEATURE
        On Create: 0
        On Change: 0

Checking for Subtype Restriction
      Field Name: Attachment ID was found at index: 32
                  Trying: INTERSECTING_FEATURE
                  ERROR: INTERSECTING_FEATURE: Input Feature or Value Info is null
                  Finished: INTERSECTING_FEATURE
DONE
---------------------------------------

Line 46 shows the error, though I am a bit unclear on which Value Info it is referring to, and/or which input feature. The value Info in the Dynamic Table for the relevant entries look like this:

• Sign; ATTACHID; INTERSECTING_FEATURE; Pole|FACILITYID|P|TRUE; False (on create); False (on Change Attr); True (manual only); 6 (Rule Weight);
  • Sign; FACILITYID; GENERATE_ID; SIGNID|8|SIGN-[seq]|TRUE; False (on create); False (on Change Attr); True (manual only); 9 (Rule Weight);
  • Pole; FACILITYID; GENERATE_ID; SIGNID|8|POLE-[seq]|TRUE; False (on create); False (on Change Attr); True (manual only); 10 (Rule Weight);

Note: Every Pole in the Inventory has a FACILITYID, so Input Feature would not necessarily be null..

Recap:

-  I have both Sign and Pole Feature Classes present in the mxd

-  I've tried selecting just the Sign features needing updates (now just Signs with NULL values in ATTACHID's since SIGNId's were successfully created), and I've tried selecting all Signs in the inventory. No luck either way

-  FACILITYID's were successfully created for both POLES and SIGNS (poles were run first, check)

-  Newest release of Attribute Assistant (June 2016)

- I've tried changing the C in the INTERSECTING_FEATURE value info to a P, but was never prompted after running AA manual rule ; have also tried just "Pole|FACILITYID" but that also did not populate ATTACHID's in the Sign Fc

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks,

-Ryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We have found an issue with the On Manual method, posted a new version of the AA with a fix on another AA thread - https://community.esri.com/message/621095#comment-621095

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

Can I get a copy of your data and table?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

send it to mmiller@esri.com

0 Kudos
RyanNosek
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for your response Michael Miller​ , email has been sent. 

Forgot Esri UC was this week, so I know it might take a while for a response from Esri. However, in case other users see this post and have similar issues with new release of Attribute Assistant, I was able to correct this issue by Uninstalling the new version of Attribute Assistant, and re-installing the old version of Attribute Assistant (Version 10.1, Copyright 2014 Esri as noted in the Loaded.config file).

After doing this, I re-ran Attribute Assistant on the 155 Sign's in question that did not have ATTACHID's, and it worked without error. My Sign feature class now has the ATTACHID's.

0 Kudos
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting the same error as Ryan with the latest release using 10.3.1. After some trial and error, I can get the method to work properly using On Change actions with input and target features selected. I can't get the method to work using the Manual action and I need to select the intersecting features for the method to assign the correct attribute values. Otherwise, the method assigns an incorrect intersecting value.

MikeMillerGIS

We have found an issue with the On Manual method, posted a new version of the AA with a fix on another AA thread - https://community.esri.com/message/621095#comment-621095