How do I create connectivity rules between different KV lines?

08-08-2019 01:49 PM
LeoLadefian2
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create connectivity rules between a 115kv electric line and 46kv line, the rule would be these lines are not allowed to be connected together edge to edge or end to edge.  I can't seem to figure out how to model this without allowing a junction connection. any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Leo,

UN connectivity rules must be positive and inclusionary. You can't define negative network rules. In your case, you don't need to define any rule (assuming your 115kv and 45kv lines having different asset groups or asset types), the system itself not allowed to snap these two lines endpoint each other to connect. 

For more details please refer this link - Feature restrictions—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Hope this will help you.

Manoj

LeoLadefian2
New Contributor II

Asset groups and type are a function of the utility network.  Is there any option like this for the geometric network?

THanks!

0 Kudos
AaronSapsford
Esri Contributor

Hi Leo.

I think the best analogy with a Geometric network would be the concept of a  GN's Abstract Class >> Feature Class >> Subtype would then map to a UN's Feature Class >> Asset Group >> Asset Type.

The GN and UN aren't like for like so categorizing your network assets will require a bit of thought.

Hope this helps

A.