Hi There, I am looking to find information about intergrating utility meters with GIS

Jump to solution
02-02-2016 08:02 AM
nathannewingham
New Contributor

I work at a small municipality and would like to integrate a AMI (Automatic Meter Infrastructure) with our GIS mapping. I would greatly appreciate it if someone out there could direct me in the right direction. Thank You

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Nathan,

Your best bet would be to use the GeoEvent Extension for ArcGIS Server, which would then allow you to publish out the near real-time AMI data to a feature service.

One of the places that I would check out, are the tutorials/guides for GeoEvent found here:

GeoEvent Extension tutorials—Real-time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

There are a couple really good examples in the tutorial that walk through the ways to create the link between your real-time data (AMI) and a representation of it.

You could also get a 60-day trial of the software if you have a testing environment to load it on to.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Nathan,

Your best bet would be to use the GeoEvent Extension for ArcGIS Server, which would then allow you to publish out the near real-time AMI data to a feature service.

One of the places that I would check out, are the tutorials/guides for GeoEvent found here:

GeoEvent Extension tutorials—Real-time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

There are a couple really good examples in the tutorial that walk through the ways to create the link between your real-time data (AMI) and a representation of it.

You could also get a 60-day trial of the software if you have a testing environment to load it on to.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
nathannewingham
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

Perhaps you can give more detail about what your hoping to accomplish.

0 Kudos