Electric UN & Turning/Exporting a File Geodatabase into a Enterprise Geodatabase

10-04-2021 12:09 PM
DavidNuhn
New Contributor II

Hello, I am working with an electrical utility network that was created in its own File Geodatabase. Can anyone shed some light on transferring or exporting that file geodatabase into a enterprise geodatabase? I have recently upgraded to Pro 2.8 and would like to take advantage of the new functionality with 2.8 and the latest utility network release (version5). The initial project was created in Pro 2.5 and the UN version is 3. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I did try to upgrade the asset package but it claims that the asset package is in the newest release. However, when checking the properties of the Utility Network it is clearly version 3. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DLee
by
New Contributor II

Hi David!

1. To go from file to enterprise the steps are to export the asset package and then stage the utility network and then apply the asset package to the enterprise
  2. make sure you have the required versions of pro and enterprise.  I"m not sure why it wouldn't upgrade since you have pro 2.8 but I would suggest double-checking your enterprise version to make sure it's compatible with UN5
0 Kudos
DavidNuhn
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to test this out.

0 Kudos