Attribute Assistant stops working after multiple edit sessions, multiple versions

01-28-2016 04:52 AM
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

I have a problem since upgrading to ArcMap 10.3 that my Attribute Assistant configurations will stop working correctly after going through multiple edit session and multiple versions.

My workflow is create a new version for each job I need to work.  Once the new version is created, I then start a new edit session to make the necessary changes.  Once completed I save my edits, reconcile and post, close the edit session switch back to DEFAULT version, then delete the working version.

It seems that after two or three of these the Attribute Assistant forgets what to do.

Has anyone else seen this behavior or does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Zach Bray

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Zach,

In reviewing your files, you can see where it fails, it reports, Layer Found: Primary Underground.  As I mentioned before, the code is finding the edited feature and existing.  In the instances where it works, it is report Layer Found: Primary Overhead.  So I can add an enhancement/bug to ignore the source feature, but for now you will have to use the prompt to select the correct feature.

You can always get support by creating an Esri Tech support incident.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Zach,

I was able to reproduce your case and add a fix.  The issue was the intersecting feature logic buffers the data by the xy tolerance of the dataset to account for features not at the same xy, but within the tolerance of the data.  This operations for this data caused an collapse or empty polygon.  I added recursive logic to loop and expand the tolerance until an polygon is created to probably do the search.  As we have already certified and signed the add in for the release on thursday of this week, it will not make it, but if you would like to request a hotfix, you can request one through Esri support.

Mike

0 Kudos
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

Michael,

I had added the |P prompt option to all of my Intersecting Feature rules and that caused the rule to not prompt and not fill in any of my values.  I do not know if this makes a difference but I am using this on a Windows 10 machine.  This behavior started BEFORE I upgraded to Windows 10.

Can you provide me a link to the most recent copy of the Attribute Assistant addin?  I would like to try re-installing everything to see if that helps.

Thanks

zach

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

We will be shipping the new version thursday, but they will not include the fix I just checked in to resolve your intersecting issue.

0 Kudos