Attribute Assistant Copy Linked Record intermittent

03-14-2016 02:55 PM
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

I having an intermittent problem with the Copy_Linked_Record method of the Attribute Assistant.  My configuration will work fine for a while but then start to fail with :

ERROR: COPY_LINKED_RECORD

Value does not fall within the expected range.

Then just a mysteriously it will begin to work again.  I have attached a copy of my AALogFile and a copy of my DynamicValue table for the part in question.  I am trying to copy values from one table to the another table.  they are related on the proper fields.

If anyone can suggest something that might correct this issue it would be appreciated.

Zach Bray

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Does the target field have a domain or any restrictions?  Can I get a copy of the data row where this error occurs?

0 Kudos
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

Yes I do have domains set on the fields in question.  I have domains set in both my PoleAssembly and AssmblyUnit tables on my AssemblyCode, Category and SubCategory fields.  I am trying to do a look up into my AssemblyUnit table from my PoleAssembly table to populate the Category and SubCategory fields.  The AssemblyCode in both tables is configured the same way with a domain set on it to help get the correct AssemblyCode.  When I change my AssemblyCode in my PoleAssembly table I am trying to use the Copy_Linked_Record method to look up the Assembly code in my AssemblyUnit table to populate my Category and SubCategory fields in my PoleAssembly Table.

I am including screen shots of the fields properties on both my AssemblyUnit and my PoleAssembly tables as well as a screen shot of the relationship class configuration.  Does that get you the "data row" you requested or are you looking for something else?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I you can package up the data and the dynamic value table and provide me a reproducible case, I can figure out what is going on. 

0 Kudos
Gerald_ZBray
New Contributor III

I have attached a small sample of my data that you could use to test with.  My workflow is to create a version to edit against, make my edits, save, reconcile and post, then delete the working version.  I do the same workflow multiple times.  I believe that after 3 or 4 edits that create new features, then this problem appears.  It does seem that if you just edit the related tables this problem does not appear.

If this sample does not produce the problem would it be possible to do a screen share to see what is happening?

thanks

Zach

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I am not able to repo with your data.  Send me an email and we can find an hour to so a screen share on Thursday.  mmiller@esri.com

0 Kudos