I cannot download ArcMap for Desktop with my student activation code.

09-15-2017 08:29 PM
Labels (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

When I click download, nothing happens. Is the license manager necessary to download first? I've looked into my Esri for it, and I've been unable to find it? (I apologize if I place this ask in the wrong place)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is what my university specifies

• Visit the Esri Student Edition webpage and log in to your account (create a Esri Global account if you do not have one).
  • Enter the EVA######### code that was emailed to you after submitting the signed license form.
  • Click on Activate ArcGIS. Log out. Download and install the latest version (currently v.10.5.1) of ArcGIS Desktop Software onto your personal computer.
  • Note: You must also download the ArcGIS License Manager in the same folder as the software version you select.
  • Authorize the software with the EVA######### code.‍‍‍
Highlighted
New Contributor

I've been able to log into my Esri, enter the EVA code which my teacher sent to me. But whenever I go to download it, it won't download. It won't show that it is or that it failed to, it won't show up in my download folder. And I've looked at all the software requirements which I have, and I have no previous ArcGIS software. (Thank you for the quick reply)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like the software hasn't been released yet on your end.  Contact your teacher to ensure that nothing is amiss at that end.

All our students registered at my institution this week with no issues (so far)

PS

as an additional thought... if you get the dialog to save or open, click the save toggle and select save as... then specify a saving location rather than the downloads folder...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

It won't even give me the dialog. My teacher just said to email him the first week of class (started two weeks before labor day) to ask for an activation code (EVA#########) which I did. Other students have been able to download it, but I haven't been able to. I'll probably call Esri support tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

A student reported the same problem to me (I manage licenses in my University). I tried and had the same issue: the download doesn't start.

It seems like the download javascript isn't able to execute.

I tried with Firefox and Crome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Contact your rep... my students are having no issues.

Tell them to check their Junk box in their email if they don't get an eva code... Depending on your org's email settings, sometimes they go their.

As for downloads, we found Chrome has 'issues' try Edge or IE11 if you are a Windows 10 site.  And your ability to 'download' may be restricted due to site policies regarding this so I would contact your tech support people as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Thank you Dan,

I have no problems with Eva code and email, but just with the install download.

I’ve tried with IE 11 and Edge and it doesn’t start as well.

What you mean for “site policies regarding this”?

I contact my national support which replicated the problem and forwarded it the request to ESRI Inc.

Roberto

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I've just verified that is possible to workaround the problem viewing the html source of the page: the download links are numbered as downloadLink_0, downloadLink_1 and so on, with the direct link to the installer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

site policies at your institutions about downloads... sometimes there restrictions on what, and where from that are not readily obvious to the user.  We have them at our institution

0 Kudos