How to export a raster without experiencing changes in raster objects locations

08-09-2019 01:56 PM
Labels (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have an raster image that I am attempting to export as a tiff file. When doing so my image changes as can be seen below. Are my settings off? I used to do this and had no issue. I've just recently been experiencing this issue. I think it may have something to do with the pyramid. It takes one of my raster's and converts it to the desired extent I've chosen when exporting.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Use Copy Raster—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop  (arcmap or pro)

But ensure that in the Environments tab, set the analysis extent, cell size and snap raster to match those of the input raster.  You should also specify a saving location in a folder with spaces and *.tif files are the preferred raster format (at least for pro).

Shortcuts lead to shortcuts/omissions potentially in the above.

In short if you don't overtly set and/or check some of the above, then you may not get the results you expect as you have noted.

Also... don't judge what you see on the screen as to how good it worked... you could save the symbology of the input raster and import it for the new raster if you want a 1:1 appearance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the value zero is being treated as NoData. The Copy Raster tool has parameters that control how "background" and "NoData" are defined. I suggest tweaking those to see if you get better results.

One way to get the pyramids out of the picture is delete them (.rrd file) from Windows, if that is the issue. But I think NoData handling is likely the problem...

0 Kudos