Hello, it’s a beautiful day! My name is John Morrison

08-26-2020 02:51 AM
JohnMorrison1
New Contributor

Hello, it’s a beautiful day! My name is John Morrison

I am an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Science graduate here in the UK ( it’s a pre-degree course for individuals who want to study an Honours degree at university). My major subjects were Chemistry, Biology, and Statistical & Mathematical Methods. I have been accepted to study a BSc Honours degree in Geography as a mature student. I’m an amateur entomologist specifically butterflies ( Lepidoptera), and bumblebees ( melittology) and am an award-winning landscape photographer, and it is through my photography and storytelling that I have decided to return to study my favourite subject - Geography!

I am in the process of researching which laptop is best for both GiS and Data Science, as I want to learn ArcGis, data analytics, python, geospatial analysis, and lots more. It’s a fantastic gift, the gift of never stop learning!

favourite place on earth:

Latitude: 52.1292° or 52° 7' 45.1" north Longitude: -9.971° or 9° 58' 15.4" west  

thanks esri!‌

telling your story‌

journey mapping‌

thankful‌

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John

If you haven't seen it, you may find the tech spec pages for ArcGIS Pro useful https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

Jason

0 Kudos
ElaraPembroke
New Contributor

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Geography program! Your passion for entomology and landscape photography is inspiring. As you delve into GIS and Data Science, remember our Lashes Guide website is here for a bit of beauty amidst your academic pursuits. Feel free to explore lash styles and care tips whenever you need a delightful break. Best of luck on your learning journey!

0 Kudos