Change Color during Polyline editor

02-28-2020 05:03 AM
CavronJeremy
New Contributor III

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible in WPF C#, to change the color and thickness of the polyline editor during editing and not after validation?

For example, I want change polyline to Blue Color or another color. And change thickness. After I can continue Editing without outside Editing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Just create variable on what you want in symbols

If your doing this so you can keep track of an area you have worked with.

What I did one is I created an attribute and called it original shape length.  I then populated it with shape length

I then had the feature in two times using definition queries to make it visible if shape length = original and shape length <> to original.  In the second one it would change the color and thickness of the line.

0 Kudos
CavronJeremy
New Contributor III

Ok and thank you. I will try that.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I did it because an electric utility I worked with had a pole inventory done and purchased high end air photos.  They wanted to get off paper map books and go online.  Paper map books necessitated the lines being several hundred feet offset so they would not completely cover the road. 

So I did this to easily keep track of where I had been in my mass move to move all the line to poles and ground devices.

0 Kudos
CavronJeremy
New Contributor III

Thank you. 

By doing that, the "helper" changes during editing :

MyMapView.SketchEditor.Style.LineSymbol = new SimpleLineSymbol()
                {
                    Color = YOUR_COLOR,
                    Style = SimpleLineSymbolStyle.Solid,
                    Width = 5
                };

That working. thank you.

0 Kudos