certain layers from living atlas not editable

01-15-2020 06:50 AM
AntonioBrown
New Contributor

i'm doing a project for mapping and i need to get some layers from living atlas. however, two out of the three that i have found so far have not had a symbol pane and are not editable. is there any way to change that?example

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Antonio - If you click on the layer name (for example, "2019 USA Republican Party Affiliation") you'll see that it is made up of a number of sublayers, and clicking on one of the sublayers will give you the ability to change the symbology. Is that what you're looking for?

Esri Education Team
AntonioBrown
New Contributor

that is helpful, but i want to make it so where it is only a single symbology regardless of zoom. can i either split the sub-layers into separate layers or change the scale at which they show? the built in scale option doesn't seem to do anything.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

What would you want shown? The different sublayers actually have different information. For example, if looking at the state level, you can see that CA has an MPI of 77. If looking at the county level, San Bernardino (in CA) has an MPI of 81. The 92374 zip code (in Redlands, which is in San Bernardino) has an MPI of 95.

What I'm getting at is that it isn't just different symbols at the different scales, but also different information and different features (things you can interact with on the map). What do you want your map to look like, and what information should it contain?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos