Maps, Music, More: Facebook Live Stream for GIS Day

11-16-2020 11:50 AM
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor
0 1 756

Join me in a live stream from Facebook for GIS Day!  Wednesday 18 November 2020.  Twelve 5 minute blocks featuring music, maps, apps, and more.. how you can learn more about GIS and why it all matters.    https://www.facebook.com/events/1753930484776438 

0900       Welcome – What is GIS?  What’s where, why is it there, why should we care?   Holistic and specialized.  Enterprise wide.  What is GIS Day?  Resources there; virtual GIS events.  My series of GIS Helps videos.  A new series of videos focused on the theme of "GIS Helps" that is now online in the following playlist:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtjGSwC0B4&list=PLiC1i3ejK5vsAraUOjp3wKadPeX0e2ivr

Resources to discover more!

0905       My 3 favorite web mapping applications to understand the whys of where.  My 3 favorite mapping tools.  

0910    My 3 favorite phone mapping applications to explore the world.

0915       Geo-Songs Break!  Part 1 of 2.

0918       GIS Crossword Puzzle.   5 clues.  GeoNet blog.

0919    Shakespeare and maps!

0920       The best geography and mapping related books I read in 2020 and for all time. 

0925       My 5 favorite data sets.

0930       5 everyday and fun examples showing why it is important to pay attention to mapped data quality:  Spatial Reserves.  

0935       Geo Quiz:  Name that Place.   5:  Urban rivers, waterfalls, etc.   Show answers. 

0940       5 Forces bringing us to a pivotal time in GIS.

0945       5 Key Trends in GIS.

0950       5 Skills Important in your GIS journey.

0954     Key Messages.

0955       Geo-Songs Break!   Part 2 of 2. 

0958       Ways to Keep Learning.

1000       End.

Tags (2)
1 Comment
AndrewWalter1
New Contributor

Accédez aux sonnerie telephone pour écouter et télécharger des sonneries gratuites.

About the Author
I believe that spatial thinking can transform education and society through the application of Geographic Information Systems for instruction, research, administration, and policy. I hold 3 degrees in Geography, have served at NOAA, the US Census Bureau, and USGS as a cartographer and geographer, and teach a variety of F2F (Face to Face) (including T3G) and online courses. I have authored a variety of books and textbooks about the environment, STEM, GIS, and education. These include "Interpreting Our World", "Essentials of the Environment", "Tribal GIS", "The GIS Guide to Public Domain Data", "International Perspectives on Teaching and Learning with GIS In Secondary Education", "Spatial Mathematics" and others. I write for 2 blogs, 2 monthly podcasts, and a variety of journals, and have created over 5,000 videos on the Our Earth YouTube channel. Yet, as time passes, the more I realize my own limitations and that this is a lifelong learning endeavor and thus I actively seek mentors and collaborators.