Where should I get started with creating an environment for a PostGIS (postgres) server to give updates to a web layer?

05-15-2022 03:50 PM
jgore_ATLBG
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what my best avenue is for creating an environment where GIS data that is written directly to a Postgres database is then automatically pushed to a hosted web layer. Right now our department uses ArcOnline for our hosted web layers, although we do have access to ArcGIS Enterprise.

Is this something that can done with vanilla ESRI functionality, or will I need to do some coding?

Currently I have a Django app processing webhook calls from a couple of Survey123 forms, formatting the data, and then inputting it into a Postgres database.

The intended data model is as follows:

Survey123 data is inputted (currently working) -> Django application interacts with webhook and populates data to Postgres database (currently working) -> Postgres database somehow populates hosted web layer (not sure where to start with this) -> updated web layer is then used in webapp (haven't created yet, but doesn't seem to hard).

Any thoughts of where I should get started with this? We have on-prem servers that could have ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Enterprise installed and I have a fair amount of experience developing with python. I just don't want to develop myself a complicated solution if the ESRI suite has functionality to accomplish this out-of-the-box!

Thanks for your time!

- Jonathan

0 Kudos
0 Replies