Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 bad visualization after installation

Jump to solution
06-01-2015 11:32 AM
SvivaManager
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

It's been a week now since we upgraded our version from 10.3 to 10.3.1 and right after the upgrade we had many visual problems when browsing the portal on IE, such as bad width of the top menu bar when the "My organization" button shows up in 2 lines, the search bar shows up always on the left side beneath the menu bar instead of being at the right side, maps got scrambled like a puzzle in a very weird way and more... see attached screenshots

Today I removed the Portal + Web Adaptor + Data Store + deleted their libraries! which means pretty much a complete clean re-installation from scratch with no previous settings or content.

Installed it again, and the same problems shows up! - no scrambled maps, but all other visual problems I've mentioned (see attach screenshots).

Removed everything again! installed IE version 11 and then tried to reinstall the portal again, and still nothing changed - you can see it's wrong immediately at the first portal window when he asks to create a new user - first screenshot.

Do anyone knows or ever experienced this issue?? I got some support from ESRI and others but still no one managed to reproduce or understand where this issues comes from.

I should also add that it happens ONLY on IE (any version!) and not other browsers - my organization is not going to leave IE anytime soon so it's not a choice.

Pretty sure it's a server side installation issue since the behavior is the same from any machine browsing to the portal regardless the IE version and the ArcGIS Online version is shown great at that same IE that shows all problems.

When I browse to the online version with that same IE (that shows all those problems), everything is shown perfectly fine!

Screenshots -

First screen right after a clean installation -

clean_installation.JPG

Screenshots a few days ago before the clean installation -

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sviva,

I noticed the same issues as you when using Internet Explorer; the search text box out of place and some minor but irritating pages decomposition. I found this issue in stackoverflow:

html - Internet Explorer 11 disable "display intranet sites in compatibility view" via meta tag not ...

After reading it, I noticed the message in IE developer tools; so I went to Compatibility View Settings and uncheck the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" and voilá, now the pages render correctly. Try to do that and let us know how it goes.

MJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sviva,

I noticed the same issues as you when using Internet Explorer; the search text box out of place and some minor but irritating pages decomposition. I found this issue in stackoverflow:

html - Internet Explorer 11 disable "display intranet sites in compatibility view" via meta tag not ...

After reading it, I noticed the message in IE developer tools; so I went to Compatibility View Settings and uncheck the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" and voilá, now the pages render correctly. Try to do that and let us know how it goes.

MJ

SvivaManager
Occasional Contributor II

Very embarrassing to admit but after many months of no solutions and suspecious on the proxy it was actually the Compatibility View you really saved us! thanks a lot.

The one thing that really bothers me now is why ESRI doesn't know or warn on such thing! they actually tried to reproduce this thing by installing the portal of 4 different machines and didn't succeed!!

0 Kudos