Migrating from ArcMap to either ArcGIS Pro or .NET SDK

03-18-2021 02:05 PM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am migrating an older ArcGIS Map/ArcPad Add-in to either ArcGIS Pro or the .NET SDK.  It appears to me that a .NET product wont require an ArcGIS Pro license and my customers might like that, so i lean that way.

The product i am upgrading is for specialized asset management (all vector-based) and data reporting.

So, its vector data collection, editing, and reporting. I am thinking about using feature services instead of geodatabases as i see where that's going. Unless there is still reason to use a geodatabase. The feature services will be updated in Collector/Field App/Survey123 in the field in offline environments.

The biggest concern/consideration I have is reporting/display of data metrics. The product must have the ability to use reporting features similar to crystal reports. Pie charts, bar graphs and statistics on point data.

The older program used a crystal reports runtime that people installed at no charge. What are other people using? I am not sure what is available for reporting.

Any suggestions to anything i mentioned would be great.

Thanks,

Scott

Any recommendations?

0 Kudos
0 Replies