MaxRecordCount of layer

01-21-2018 01:19 AM
LameesTaha
New Contributor

Now i have a feature layer with more than 1000 graphics and i don't want to change MaxRecordCount of layer and at the same time i need all graphics to be rendered on map ,, is there is away to do this without change MaxRecordCount of layer.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
LameesTaha
New Contributor

i don't want to change maxRecordCount

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

So, you want the functionality of what happens when you change maxRecordCount, but you don't want to change that setting. You could write your own renderer and when you consult the first 1000 features, detect if there are more and do additional requests to get the missing features, but it is really not the way I would recommend you to go if this can be solved by simply changing a setting on the service. 

Surely you have a very good reason not to want to change the setting. Do you mind sharing this reason with us? 

0 Kudos
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

possibly a cached service?

0 Kudos
LameesTaha
New Contributor

i don't want to change maxRecordCount because it will affect performance and it's not recommended to do so

rest - Maximum number of record returned by the server. Why 1000? - Geographic Information Systems S... 

i found a logic reply there 

0 Kudos
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

keep 1000 record limit on the service but set an appropriate scale visibility setting (i.e. don't show layers when zoomed beyond 1:5000) on the layer to prevent it showing more than 1000 objects on a current map view.