Leaflet and ArcGIS

Jump to solution
07-13-2016 10:11 AM
RelkoVazic
New Contributor

Hi all,

When using Leaflet.js, are there any requirements in terms of using API key or similar when accessing ArcGIS map data? The Leaflet Github page is not very clear, stating only "In order to use ArcGIS maps, you must register and abide by the terms of service. No special syntax is required."

So I have registered an account with ArcGIS for Developers but not sure if I need something else? Our usage scenario is fully public, non-commerical mapping application and not using any geocoding or advanced features. ArcGIS map data is only used as a background map for presenting weather related information on. I want to make sure we're not breaking any rules here so any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Check out Is the ArcGIS Server JavaScript API free to use? - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange

It is free for the uses outlined in the top section in your "Web Mapping Pricing" link:

• Development and Evaluations
  • Non-commercial external use
  • Education(teaching purposes only)
  • NGO or not-for-profit business
  • When used in conjunction with ArcGIS for Server license
  • When used in conjunction with ArcGIS Online Task Services totaling $4,000 per year or more

For commercial use, on a publicly accessible website, it is not free. That's when you need to contact sales for a quote.

I think the same will apply to the Esri Leaflet GitHub since you are accessing ArcGIS Services. As always, if in doubt, you can call your rep!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Check out Is the ArcGIS Server JavaScript API free to use? - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange

It is free for the uses outlined in the top section in your "Web Mapping Pricing" link:

• Development and Evaluations
  • Non-commercial external use
  • Education(teaching purposes only)
  • NGO or not-for-profit business
  • When used in conjunction with ArcGIS for Server license
  • When used in conjunction with ArcGIS Online Task Services totaling $4,000 per year or more

For commercial use, on a publicly accessible website, it is not free. That's when you need to contact sales for a quote.

I think the same will apply to the Esri Leaflet GitHub since you are accessing ArcGIS Services. As always, if in doubt, you can call your rep!