How to make a layer uneditable in Collector?

06-22-2017 01:11 PM
TracyDeGrazia
New Contributor II

Hi!

We have created a collector app, and I just want to display some data, but not allow it to be able to be edited in collector.   I looked around in the app itself, but also in the webmap it is being hosted from, and cannot figure out how to just display a layer, but not allow for editing.  Right now i turned off all of the fields so they can't change any of the data, but they can still add or delete things, which i don't want them to be able to do.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After you have turned on the editing option for the layer, you determine which fields are editable in the popup configuration.

TracyDeGrazia
New Contributor II

Ken,

I already did that, but you can still add or delete features, and I want to make sure they don't mistakenly change geometry, move something, or delete it by accident.

But thank you.

0 Kudos
TracyDeGrazia
New Contributor II

P.S. I figured it out.  If you add a layer from the mapserver, instead of the feature server, you cannot edit it.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

In the  feature service properties you have the chance of changing the Operation allowed.

TracyDeGrazia
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In that case, go to the hosted feature layer and under the settings tab, change the editing capabilities. You can turn it off all together, or give them the ability to change only the attributes.

If you want some people to be able to edit it, you can create a hosted feature layer view and set its editing properties to edit, but only share it with that group.

TracyDeGrazia
New Contributor II

Thank you for all of your help!

0 Kudos