hi, i want to snap all the polyline features with a given buffer distance. can anyone pls help me

01-24-2015 03:10 AM
RatikantaLenka
New Contributor

hi, i want to snap all the polyline features with a given buffer distance. can anyone pls help me

0 Kudos
7 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You need to be more specific. You posted this thread in the developers space, but this has more sub places/spaces: Developers And those have more subspaces too. This will attract a more specific audience that may help you better.

At this point it is unclear if you want to develop a desktop, native app or web solution and there is no information on the version of the software you are using nor details on the rules you want to apply for snapping the lines. Maybe include a screenshot (or better sample data) representing the problem. That might be a good addition.

0 Kudos
RatikantaLenka
New Contributor

Actually I want to develop a tool for armap desktop. using this tool i want to snap polylines by giving a specific distance.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

An ArcToolbox tool? If so, the coding language could be Python. What other rules (apart from maximum distance) should be applied? Should the line be extended in the direction of the line or can it snap to lines sideways too?

0 Kudos
RatikantaLenka
New Contributor

only in the direction of the line

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

That might be a little harder (would require some math...). I created a python script that connects lines, but it doesn't extend the lines in a straight manner. You can read more about it here:

Connecting Discontinuous Line Segments

You still haven't answered if you want a python tool or for example an add-in and what development language you want to use. Adding this information may get you more helpful answers.

0 Kudos
RatikantaLenka
New Contributor

thanks xander, for your response.

Can you please help me in an other issue i am facing....

That is, i want to overlay some raster image(chart) on a grid(which is in british_grid). after overlay, the chart deflects from the grid boundary.  you can say there is gap between the alignment of grid boundary and chart boundary.

Any idea regarding this?

How can we move the raster that it will exact fit to the grid.

i want to do it in c#.net using arcobjects.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

From your response, it appears that you solved the posted problem using c#.net and arcobjects and are in no need of a Python solution that Xander Bakker‌ could have proposed.

With that information, it might be possible to repurpose your code to extend the line a bit more...so that it nudges the raster to fit within the chart boundary...

• In the future, it would be best development language and application environment
  • close one thread before you start another
  • post any solutions that you have so that other might benefit from your efforts
0 Kudos