GP-service environment

Jump to solution
11-22-2022 07:45 AM
Torbjørn_EidsheimBøe
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm publishin arcgis script tool as geoprocessing services to arcgis server /enterprise. I need to use third party packages that is not included i standard arcgis Pro environment. This works fine if i clone arcgis Pro environment locally. I allso have arcgis Pro installed the server where Arcgis server recides. I have cloned environment and installed required packages, and activated this environment. However this do not seem to have an effect.

How do i set wich environment arcgis server should use for its gp-services?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jan-Tschada
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Server instances being bundled into your dedicated ArcGIS Enterprise environment contain their own Python Runtime especially for executing your GP services. You do not need to install ArcGIS Pro on your ArcGIS Server machines, you just need to prepare and swap to your dedicated conda environment.

This workflow is documented at: Deploying custom Python packages for ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpri....

Product Manager
Developers and Location Services
Germany and Switzerland

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jan-Tschada
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Server instances being bundled into your dedicated ArcGIS Enterprise environment contain their own Python Runtime especially for executing your GP services. You do not need to install ArcGIS Pro on your ArcGIS Server machines, you just need to prepare and swap to your dedicated conda environment.

This workflow is documented at: Deploying custom Python packages for ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpri....

Product Manager
Developers and Location Services
Germany and Switzerland
0 Kudos
Torbjørn_EidsheimBøe
New Contributor II

Thank you for pointing me to this 

0 Kudos