Edit attributes is giving the error: cannot obtain geographic coordinate systems from the input parameters.

07-18-2017 01:38 AM
DylanBulteel
New Contributor II

I have an acad file that I am converting to geodatabase and then publishing the polyline and polgon layers as separate service. For particular features when I go to edit the attribute data I get an error that is was unsuccessful, and this is displayed on arcgis server manager:

Error: cannot obtain geographic coordinate systems from the input parameters

I have tried everything I can think of however to no avail, and I have the suspicion that this may be an issue from the acad side however I have no idea of how to be sure.

Can anyone help?

I have also attached the dwg file just in case someone felt like testing this out.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You file is in either a relative coordinate system or a projected coordinate system (left extent 49029? top extent 722127 in whatever units).  If the file is supposed to be in a projected coordinate system, then it needs to be defined.

0 Kudos
DylanBulteel
New Contributor II

The file is being set into a projected coordinate system in arcmap. However this doesn't explain why the issue only persists for a number of features and not all the features for the layer. Shouldn't all the features be affected if it was an issue with the coordinate system?

0 Kudos