Deploy a web app builder app in a disconnected environment

Jump to solution
10-26-2015 01:57 AM
Aguas_de_AlicanteE_M_
New Contributor

Hello

Thank you all in advance

My question is, if you can deploy an application made with 'Web App builder', in a disconnected environment, using maps of our local servers only.

I tried to create an app, and add a map, but the only option is to be published on the portal.

In addition to deploying the app on my server, you always need to log in to the portal to bring the map (found at my local server).

Thanks again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GuillaumeBARRAS
New Contributor II

Hello,

By design you consume web map in webApp builder application. So you need to get access to a webmap coming from arcgis online or from Poral for ArcGIS.

So the answer can be yes if you have a portal for ArcGIS in your intranet. In this case you won't need to be connected to the ArcGIS Cloud.

If you need a mobile disconnected application (who goes on the field), you should have a look at the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs/App Builder for ArcGIS.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GuillaumeBARRAS
New Contributor II

Hello,

By design you consume web map in webApp builder application. So you need to get access to a webmap coming from arcgis online or from Poral for ArcGIS.

So the answer can be yes if you have a portal for ArcGIS in your intranet. In this case you won't need to be connected to the ArcGIS Cloud.

If you need a mobile disconnected application (who goes on the field), you should have a look at the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs/App Builder for ArcGIS.

Regards

Aguas_de_AlicanteE_M_
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the quick response!

0 Kudos
AlejandroCosci
New Contributor II

Hi, we're working with WebApp Builder referring only to local ArcGIS Server services (we exposed them in our ArcGIS Online in order to do that) and trying to deploy the resulting App in our local Web server. The App keeps checking with ArcGIS Online.

Do you have any pointers on how to do that without installing Portal?

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You can use the local layer widget LocalLayerWidget and AccessifizrWidget  with the Web AppBuilder developers edition to access your local server services. 

See this and other widgets Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

AlejandroCosci
New Contributor II

Hello Rebecca:

Thank you for your quick answer!

After several test we could add the widget LocalLayer and solve the main issue for us.

Now we have a new issue using the widgets LocalLayer and Edit.

When we create a new polygon or edit the Snapping function is not enable.

Did you deal with these problems before?

Thanks for your help!

Alejandro

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alejandro, I would suggest creating a new question in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS​ with a tag for Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets​ (or vice versa) since the question is different from the original post.  Make sure you mention that you ar using the developer edition of the WAB, and the version, and that you are using the Local Layer widget.  thanks.