ArcGIS Server 10.3 - Could not create object 'ConfigurationFactory'

06-24-2015 04:27 AM
AndrewHenry
New Contributor

Hi,

I have successfully installed ArcGIS Sever 10.3 on Ubuntu but when I try to create a new site I get the error message:

0x80040154 - Could not create object 'ConfigurationFactory'.

I have attached the log contents from the time I start the server to trying to create the site. I know Ubuntu is not supported but I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Andy.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Andy,

It sounds like one or more of the required packages are missing or corrupt.

In particular I would check to make sure you have the Mesa GL libraries installed.

If you run the <installation path>/server/tools/serverdiag/serverdiag script, does it pass the 'Check installed packages' test?

-Danny

DustinHobbs
Esri Contributor

Greetings Andy,

As you've already stated technically Ubuntu is not one of the supported Operating Systems for an ArcGIS Server Linux install. Please see the link below:

System requirements—Installation Guides (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

I do agree with Danny that most likely you are simply missing a package. The above link will also supply a list of packages as well for the supported versions. This will probably add some insight to the missing packages for your Ubuntu instance.

I hope this information helps.

0 Kudos
AndrewHenry
New Contributor

Thanks Daniel and Dustin for the feedback however after installing, what I think are all the necessary dependencies I am still getting the same error. Interestingly when I run the serverdiag script I get this ouput:

esri@zoo:~$ arcgis/server/tools/serverdiag/serverdiag

========================================================================

ArcGIS for Server Diagnostic Tool

Hostname: zoo

========================================================================

DIAG000: Check for installation as root                       [N/A]

DIAG001: Check for 64-bit architecture                        [PASSED]

DIAG002: Check OS version                                     [WARNING]

DIAG003: Check hostname for invalid characters                [N/A]

DIAG004: Check installed packages                             [N/A]

DIAG005: Check system limits                                  [N/A]

DIAG006: Check OS patches                                     [N/A]

DIAG008: Check HTTP port                                      [N/A]

DIAG009: Check HTTPS port                                     [N/A]

DIAG010: Check Xvfb ports                                     [N/A]

DIAG020: Check hostname IP address mismatches                 [N/A]

DIAG026: Check processes for ArcGIS core services             [N/A]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were 0 failure(s) and 1 warning(s) found:

WARNINGS:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** DIAG002: Unsupported Linux distribution.  Check the ArcGIS for

Server System Requirements for supported Linux distributions.

Do you think the N/A's are an issue? I am considering a fresh install to see if anything changes.

Cheers,

Andy.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach

Andy,

More than likely those N/A's are the result of the serverdiag script being written specifically for Red Hat and Red Hat-like operating systems.  I don't think it is expecting a Debian-based OS.

Did you also install the 32 bit versions of any of those packages you installed?

Can you specify the exact package name for the Mesa GL library you installed?

-Danny

0 Kudos
AndrewHenry
New Contributor

Hi Danny,

the Ubuntu version is 14.04. I did not install the 32 bit versions of any

packages. Here are all the mesa installed

packages:

esri@zoo-:~$ dpkg-query -l 'mesa'

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

|

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

||/ Name

Version Architecture Description

+++-====================================================-===============================-===============================-==============================================================================================================

ii libegl1-mesa:amd64

10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4 amd64 free

implementation of the EGL API runtime

ii libegl1-mesa-drivers:amd64

implementation of the EGL API -- hardware drivers

ii libgl1-mesa-dev

implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX development files

ii libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64

10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3 amd64 free

implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules

un libgl1-mesa-dri-dev

(no

description available)

Apologies for the crappy formatting!

Cheers,

Andy.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach

Also, what version of Ubuntu are you running?

0 Kudos
AndrewHenry
New Contributor

Hi again Danny,

the copy and paste messed up a bit. I have re-pasted here. Again the formatting is awful!

esri@zoo:~$ dpkg-query -l '*mesa*'

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

||/ Name                                                 Version                         Architecture                    Description

+++-====================================================-===============================-===============================-==============================================================================================================

ii  libegl1-mesa:amd64                                   10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the EGL API -- runtime

ii  libegl1-mesa-drivers:amd64                           10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the EGL API -- hardware drivers

ii  libgl1-mesa-dev                                      10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX development files

ii  libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64                                10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3               amd64                           free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules

un  libgl1-mesa-dri-dev                                  <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental                         <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

ii  libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64                                10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime

ii  libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-trusty:amd64                     3:6                             amd64                           Transitional package for libgl1-mesa-glx

un  libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic                           <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid                            <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  libgl1-mesa-glx-no-multiarch                         <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  libgl1-mesa-swx11                                    <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev                                <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

ii  libglapi-mesa:amd64                                  10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the GL API -- shared library

ii  libgles2-mesa:amd64                                  10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -- runtime

ii  libglu1-mesa:amd64                                   9.0.0-2                         amd64                           Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)

ii  libopenvg1-mesa:amd64                                10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           free implementation of the OpenVG API -- runtime

ii  libosmesa6:amd64                                     10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           Mesa Off-screen rendering extension

ii  libwayland-egl1-mesa:amd64                           10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           implementation of the Wayland EGL platform -- runtime

ii  mesa-common-dev                                      10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4               amd64                           Developer documentation for Mesa

ii  mesa-common-dev-lts-trusty:amd64                     3:6                             amd64                           Transitional package for mesa-common-dev

ii  mesa-utils                                           8.1.0-2                         amd64                           Miscellaneous Mesa GL utilities

un  mesag3                                               <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  xlibmesa-dri                                         <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  xlibmesa-gl-dev                                      <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  xlibmesa3                                            <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

un  xlibosmesa-dev                                       <none>                          <none>                          (no description available)

Cheers,

Andy.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach

Andy,

For what it's worth, I managed to get ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 working on Ubuntu Server 14.04 after installing the following packages (all 64-bit):

gettext

libgl1-mesa-dri

libglib2.0-0

libglu1-mesa

libxext6

libxtst6

x11-xkb-utils

libx11-6

libxdmcp6

libxrender1

libxau6

xvfb

If you can verify that these packages are installed, and all of the other requirements are met and it still gives you that error, I recommend trying a reinstallation.

0 Kudos
AndrewHenry
New Contributor

Hi Daniel,

thank you for all the feedback. I really appreciate it. It is good to know you got it working!

It now seems like my issue is with xvfb...which doesn't want to start!

0 Kudos