ArcEngine

Jump to solution
10-01-2021 08:20 AM
MansfieldGIS
New Contributor III

I need to create an ArcEngine app for ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.  The would make viewing data in ArcMap or Pro a lot easier for a non GIS, non tech savie person.  I know what I want but I don't know how to start.  Is there some sample apps any where that I could look at or tutorial on how to start?  Any good how- to documents out there.  Thanks, Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you strictly need to build the solution on ArcGIS Engine? The reason I am asking is because ArcGIS Engine (a 32-bit application) is on its last release, with no further roadmap ahead. Esri Support ArcGIS Engine 10.8 (10.8.1).

To create a custom ArcGIS Pro UI and user experience for your organization, I would suggest to try ArcGIS Pro SDK.

If you are planning to create a native desktop application, I would suggest to work with ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developer.

You could explore the samples/tutorial from the product links given above.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you strictly need to build the solution on ArcGIS Engine? The reason I am asking is because ArcGIS Engine (a 32-bit application) is on its last release, with no further roadmap ahead. Esri Support ArcGIS Engine 10.8 (10.8.1).

To create a custom ArcGIS Pro UI and user experience for your organization, I would suggest to try ArcGIS Pro SDK.

If you are planning to create a native desktop application, I would suggest to work with ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developer.

You could explore the samples/tutorial from the product links given above.

Think Location
MansfieldGIS
New Contributor III

No, I don't need to use ArcGIS Engine.  I just need to create a stand alone app that does not use the internet that is located on a windows computer.  I'm not a developer so is there any tutorals or easy to follow examples of how to start that is easier than ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developer.

0 Kudos