Full support of OGC layers in rich APIs

04-11-2010 10:24 PM
NicolasPy
New Contributor III
The rich APIs (either for flex, silverlight or javascript) should be able to consume, at least, non transactional OGC layers without development... I mean WFS, WMS, tiled WMS
16 Comments
AitorCalero_García
I totally agree! Native support should be included in every rich API.
BernieConnors
Support for OGC WMS, WFS, and WMTS should be standard across all ESRI products and not an after-thought.
GreggHadish
Please add OGC WMS support to ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Explorer Online. This would make these tools very useful for organizations that do not have ArcGIS Server.
Yann-EricBoyeau
Because missing the support of WFS, we can not effectively promote the use of ESRI APIs to build webapps for organizations asking for Mashups with OGC compliant mapservices.

This point is very important for users in Europe where Inspire directive defines OGC as the standards for web mapping.
CedricMoullet
WMTS Restful is a must
Joachim_EckboJuell
 Should also include support for WCS.
OlavKavli

Should be standard for all ArcGIS platform

DavidBrick
Should also provide simple support for PostGIS spatial as well -- that is WKT, WKB, EWKT, EWKB.
dotMorten_esri
Regarding PostGIS support, non of the browser API's would be able to connect to a PostGIS database (security limitation). In many cases, due to cross domain policies, this wouldn't be possible without a proxy anyway. I believe that you can publish an ArcGIS Server service that pulls directly from the WMS/WMTS/WFS/WCS/etc, so the API's can talk to them via ArcGIS Server. The server would then simply be a 'proxy' for these services.

Btw. WMS and WMTS is natively supported by the client API's at this point.
DominiqueESNAULT
All OGC (WMS/WMTS/WFS/WCS/etc) should be able to consume