Attribute rule arcade expression calling webservice and processing result

09-15-2020 04:21 AM
JensDalsgaard1
New Contributor III

Upon insert or move of a feature I would like to call a service (using X and Y of the feature as input) and use the returned result for updating an attribute on the feature in question. This seems like something I should write an Arcade expression for. Apparently this is not supported for now.

I believe such capability is highly relevant considering Esri promoting the service-based architecture. Anyone out there agreeing, please give it a vote.

Esri - should you already be considering this please let me know of the roadmap.

Best regards 

Jens Dalsgaard

3 Comments
JimmyBowden

This would be helpful as many services move to the cloud and replicating data into the GIS is not always possible. Beyond the example on editing I could see this being used for enriching popup data.  

NicholeSalinger

I have a similar request that Arcade allow API calls from api.data.gov and then parse the JSON results so I can visualize the info in the pop-up.    Here's an example of the results from api.data.gov

@XanderBakker

api.data.gov.jpg

XanderBakker

Hi @NicholeSalinger ,

As far as I understand being able to make a REST request and parse the returned JSON is something that is on the roadmap. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA on when this will be available. Once available, this will open a huge amount of possibilities.