Koordinaten System - Fehler beim umstellen von Gaus Krüger auf UTM

Jump to solution
11-16-2015 06:24 AM
JonasHaase
New Contributor

Hallo liebe Gis-Gemeinde,

im Rahmen meiner Masterarbeit benutze ich als Anfänger Gis alltäglich und kämpfe jeden Tag mit neuen Problemen herum. Derzeit habe ich Probleme bei der Umstellung von bestehenden Daten die Gaus Krüger Zone 2 referenziert sind auf UTM Zone 32 umzustellen. Als Transformation funktioniert das mit der Methode   

"DHDN_to_ETRS_1989_8_NTv2"

sehr gut. Aber da ich nun auch aktiv mit den Daten arbeiten muss, reicht mir die richte Darstellung nicht mehr. Ich möchte die Datensätze nun gänzlich auf UTM umstellen.

Doch immer wenn ich die Referenzierung im Catelog ändern möchte, verschieben sich meine Daten weit in den Osten. Hatte auch versucht auf die Problematik mit 7 und 8 -stelligen Koordinaten zu achten, wo bisher der Erfolg auch ausblieb.

Weiterhin gibt es auch Daten im Koordinatensystem WGS_1984 die ich umstellen möchte. Hat irgendwer eine Idee, dass sich meine Daten nicht nach Osteuropa verschieben?

Liebe Grüße

Jonas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jonas,

I am afraid that I didn't understand your comment about the Project Tool. If the shapefiles have defined coordinate systems, then you would set the output coordinate system to the appropriate UTM zone. Because the geographic coordinate systems are different, you would also need to set a geographic/datum transformation just like you should be doing in ArcMap.

If you have a lot of shapefiles to convert, you can right-click the Project Tool's icon to access a "batch" version. Or if you are familiar with ModelBuilder (or want to learn Modelbuilder!), there are ways to do the same thing.

An alternative method is to add a shapefile to your UTM map/data frame. Right-click the shapefile's name in the table of contents and select data, export data. In that dialog, choose "use data frame's coordinate system."

Melita

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jonas,

Because you mention Catalog, I think you may be defining the coordinate system to UTM, rather than using the Project Tool and creating new datasets that are georeferenced to UTM.

For what it's worth, Google translation:

Weil Sie Katalog erwähnt, ich glaube, Sie möglicherweise die Definition des Koordinatensystems, um UTM, anstatt mit dem Projekt-Tool und die Schaffung neuer Datensätze, die UTM georeferenziert warden.

Melita

JonasHaase
New Contributor

Hello Melita. First of all, thank you for your reply.

My Data Frame already runs with UTM coordinates. But i have a lot of old and big shape files , which are georeferenced Gaus Krüger. Now i have to you work with this data, so it would be better, if there are all in UTM.

The first attempt was to use the function "add x,y coordinates (Data Management)" to get UTM coordinates in my attribute table. But unfortunately there will be genereted in Gaus Krüger. One other problem was, that this shape file have over 45.000 Points with x,y,z coordinates in Gaus Krüger which i like to transform to UTM and not because of the correct representation (with the project tool). How could i transform it?

Greetings from Germany

Jonas

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jonas,

I am afraid that I didn't understand your comment about the Project Tool. If the shapefiles have defined coordinate systems, then you would set the output coordinate system to the appropriate UTM zone. Because the geographic coordinate systems are different, you would also need to set a geographic/datum transformation just like you should be doing in ArcMap.

If you have a lot of shapefiles to convert, you can right-click the Project Tool's icon to access a "batch" version. Or if you are familiar with ModelBuilder (or want to learn Modelbuilder!), there are ways to do the same thing.

An alternative method is to add a shapefile to your UTM map/data frame. Right-click the shapefile's name in the table of contents and select data, export data. In that dialog, choose "use data frame's coordinate system."

Melita

JonasHaase
New Contributor

Hello Melita,

now i got it. In your first comment, I don´t really now what the Project tool was. But now I found it in the toolbox and it works.

Thank you for your help. 😃

Jonas

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm glad to hear that it's working. Thanks for letting me know!

Melita

0 Kudos
FrankKnorr
New Contributor III

Nur das Koordinatensystem der Featureklasse umstellen funktioniert nicht. Ich gehe da immer wie folgt vor:

1. FC in ArcMap einladen. Der FC muss das richtige Koordinatensystem zugewiesen sein.
  2. Den Datenrahmen in ArcMap auf das gewünschte Ziel-Koordinatensystem einstellen und dabei darauf achten, das die richtige On-The-Fly-Transformation eingestellt ist.
  3. Die betreffende FC exportieren. Hierzu Rechtsklick auf den betreffenden Eintrag in der TOC und dann

--> Daten --> Daten exportieren

1. Es öffnet sich ein Fenster. In diesem "Gleiches Koordinatensystem verwenden wie der Datenrahmen" auswählen. Für die zu exportierenden Daten einen neuen Speicherort und Namen angeben und den Export abschließen.

JonasHaase
New Contributor

Auch dir danke für die Antwort Frank.

So wäre das Problem auch zu lösen gewesen. Habe es aber auch mit dem Projektionstool, welches von Melita erwähnt wurde, lösen können.

Gruß Jonas

0 Kudos