Trying to extract pixels with specific elevation values from a DEM

Jump to solution
06-25-2020 02:09 PM
DonaldSmith
New Contributor II

I'm using elevation data in a raster dataset.  Trying to extract pixels with specific elevation values (e.g., every pixel with an elevation value over 100). Can't open the Attribute Table for the raster, and the Extract by Attribute tool doesn't show any Unique Values.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Donald - attached is my screen shot of Extract by Attributes.  My input in an integer raster dataset.  When you build the query (i.e. value > 100) are adding the clause to the tool?  I can see my VALUES but I could just type in the VALUE if I wanted to.  What is your input raster dataset?  Floating point or integer?  It will work for both types.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Donald - attached is my screen shot of Extract by Attributes.  My input in an integer raster dataset.  When you build the query (i.e. value > 100) are adding the clause to the tool?  I can see my VALUES but I could just type in the VALUE if I wanted to.  What is your input raster dataset?  Floating point or integer?  It will work for both types.

DonaldSmith
New Contributor II

Robert LeClair, thank you for the reply----sorry for my belated reply.  I will try this information out.

DWS