Data Reviewer 10.7.1 issues

09-05-2019 08:23 AM
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

I have just upgraded two users in my organization to ArcGIS 10.7.1 and we've noticed a couple of issues that surfaced after the review and was wondering if anyone else has had these issues.   The first issue involves the number of records that the the user gets when he selects and zooms to feature.   Since the update,  data reviewer now selects records in two tables when choosing to zoom to feature.  Is this common in 10.7.1 or is it a bug we have found.  If so does anyone have a solution that can fix it The selection is based on the object id.  We tested it on another PC that still had 10.6.1 running and did not observe the issue. I have attached two screen shots illustrating the problem.   The second issue involves the setup .   After we installed ArcGIS 10.7.1, the user cannot directly zoom to the road feature that they are trying to work on.   After trying to use the select by attribute they receive a .net error stating that basically, the DOT.net is corrupt and needs to be repaired.  After having to either run repair or uninstall and reinstall .net framework and then running a repair on the entire ArcGIS install to fix the problem.   Are there any other users that  are experiencing it or is this a one off.  IF so what is he or she doing to fix it.   We're in the process of upgrading from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1 and the enterprise is using 10.6.1.   Please let me know what you find.

Thanks  

Andrew  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

In addition,  this is what one of my colleagues sent me today as he was testing out data reviewer as well.  

He set  the naming workflow up in staging.  Now all versions match however, ut did not solve the problem. When you select and zoom to feature it still selects two records, one from the 911 feature class and one form the street name feature class, based on the object id.  I created a new session in data reviewer and got the same problem again. So, he  created another session, and this time ran a table query on dominant routes and wrote the results to the data reviewer workspace.  When I do the record selection, now it grabs all data with the same object id.  His next step may be to set up a new data reviewer work space and see what happens.  Would this be something with the software or something with the database he is working with 

0 Kudos
AllysonReynolds
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same issue with Data Reviewer in 10.7.1. It is selecting features with the same objectID in a feature class that is not being reviewed. My data is in enterprise sde (sql server 2016, I think).

It will also 'flash' the feature selected from the Reviewer table continually and then not allow panning away from it. Setting up a new map brought the flashing down from a 5 minute occurrence (can't move the map for ~5 minutes) to just 3-10 flashes. 

Please let me know if you've found a fix. 

Thanks,

Ally

0 Kudos
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

Ally,

What I found that works is to republish the data reviewer service from a computer that is using ArcGIS 10.7.1     This usually fixes the problem.   The problem involves backwards comparability with a previous version of ArcGIS.   In our case the user who was having this problem was part of a test group who had upgraded to 10.7.1 prior till we rolled it out to the full user community and upgraded our ArcGIS Enterprise system.  This seemed to work.    However, when we posed this to ESRI, they told us it was part of a bug that had been around since 10.2.1 and that they didn't not have an answer or a solution to fix it in typical ESRI fashion.   Hopefully this answers your questions,  please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks,

Andrew 

0 Kudos
AllysonReynolds
New Contributor III

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply! I logged a support ticket with ESRI and they have logged a defect:

BUG-000127319 : Using “Select and Zoom to Feature Geometry” on the Data Reviewer Table in ArcMap 10.7.1 selects additional features

The behavior is when a Reviewer Record is selected (in order to zoom to it and correct it), every layer in the map that has a feature with the same ObjectID also has that one feature selected. This results in the error feature 'flashing' the number of times that is the number of features selected across all layers in the map. This is not a problem if there are just ~5 layers but is a problem if the entire database is in the map. The flashing continues for several minutes. 

I was not experiencing your secondary, setup issue. Not sure if that is the difference in the replies we received from ESRI.

Thanks,

Ally

0 Kudos