Work with SDE 10 and ArcGis Server 10.1

03-07-2013 02:38 PM
MiguelMartinez1
New Contributor II
I'll upgrade my Gis Server from 10.0 to 10.1.
At this moment I have SDE 10 installed on a server(with oracle Release 11.2.0.2.0),
I want to install ArcGis Server in a different server, is it a problem?, can I still connected to my SDE(and data) running in version 10?

I mean, I want to serve map-servicea in ArcGis Server 10.1, but I want to know if it is possible to still working with SDE 10(on a different server).

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Miguel,

Will you be upgrading your ArcGIS Desktop to 10.1 as well?

Just upgrading the ArcGIS for Server to 10.1, will result in some limitations, as in, you won't be able to perform any administrative operations. I'll suggest to keep a ArcGIS for Server 10.0 on a spare server till you upgrade everything to 10.1.

This link discusses a lot regarding these compatibilities. Hope this will help:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Compatibility_of_ArcGIS_10_1_for_Server_wi...

Regards,
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: miguel.martinez

Asrujit,

Yes I'll upgrade ArcGIS Desktop to 10.1, but we are thinking about install GisServer and SDE at the same server,
now SDE(10) is running on Solaris and GisServer(10) is running on Win and it's working,
we had a call with esri(distributor in mexico) about upgrade esri software and they told us that the best conditions to install
is to do it at the same server, I mean, GisServer and SDE installed at the same server,
it's the reason of my questions...

Thanks

I'm reading the link that you posted...
0 Kudos